Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So you had a bad day...

In my life, drama seems to follow me everywhere I go.  It's bad enough to have drama right now in my personal life, but when you throw work into the mix it just downright makes for a bad day.  Don't get me wrong--I LOVE my job and I feel very fortunate to have such a great one, let alone one at all.  But today the shit hit the fan.  Without details, what happened basically entails a person or persons (to be determined) who bent and grossly exaggerated the truth.  I'm really not sure why people do this.  In a work setting, I think they a) sometimes don't have much of a life outside of work and they like to create and stir up drama and b) think that it will put them in the good graces with the higher-ups.  Whatever the case, it really put a hell of a dent in my day. 
On top of that, the newly adopted dog bit not one but TWO of my children today.  Evidently rawhide bones turn Dachshund/Beagle mixes into a doggie version of the Terminator.  Then ex #2 blames me and asks what I'm "gonna do about it".  Of course he didn't give a shit that the dog bit my son, because "that one's" not his.  But our daughter, oh that was much more important.  I hate him and I hate that he ignores my sons.  Last night, my oldest son was playing basketball outside and he slam dunked the ball then fell flat on his belly against the concrete.  Poor guy got the wind knocked out of him.  There I was tending to him and ex #2 just smirked and walked away.  Didn't even say a word.  The sitter told me he did the same tonight when the dog bit my younger son.  Sick.  He used to have a relationship with the boys.  I don't know what happened.  It seems that the more he hates me the less he interacts with the boys. 
Well, that's all for now.  I had a bad day.  But tomorrow is a brand new day.  And the possibilities are endless.  And our power is limitless if we use our minds the right way.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, girl! Call me naive, but I believe in happy endings.

    ReplyDelete