1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
- My three children most definitely make me prouder than anything. They are so intelligent.
- They also keep me humble, two of them can beat me at Words With Friends!
2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
- Ha! There is this little space between the staircase that leads upstairs, and the staircase that leads to the basement. All things undealt with end up there. I chuckle because when we bought the house 10 years ago, the previous owner recommended we put a large plant there otherwise "it will become a dumping ground". Never got a plant, now it's a dumping ground.
3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
- Oy, not a good answer for this one. Never, and even when I had the opportunity to visit one, I turned it down. I gotta work on that...
4. How would you define honor?
- Honor is having integrity, respect for yourself and others, and trying to live the best life that you can.
5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
- Half and half ;-)
6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
- Woah! A four parter! I'll be brief: Nebraska. My grandfather's funeral. 8 hours. We drove straight though at nighttime. Coffee.
7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes.
The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
- Oh man I would be pissed if that happened to my child!! I don't even know where to start with all the wrongdoing here. First of all, a chicken nugget meal is healthier than a turkey and cheese sandwich?? Who says? I think not. Sounds like the school needed more profit from their lunch program. Conspiracy I tell you!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
- Life is like a box of chocolates: just give me the one with the diagram and it's all good :-)