Friday, February 10, 2012

Picture Perfect Wholesome American Goodness

Finally, I feel ready to post again!  As you can see I have made my blog all purrty now and am quite proud of how it turned out.  It took me some time to come up with what I now have but it's feeling like blogging home! 
To get some ideas for the design of my blog, I endlessly browsed other blogger blogs.  Which leads me to the subject of this post: what the hell is going on in bloggerville?!
Now if you don't believe me, see for yourself.  See that tab at the top that says "next blog"?  Give it a click or ten. (Just come back to read mine).  Did you observe what I observed?  If so, you would have seen something like this: White all-American family with gorgeous professionally taken portrait, smiles abound and perfectly coordinated outfits.  Next: white wife happily in love with her hubby and beautiful, perfect children writes about how fun it is to raise them.  Next: maybe an art site or two, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, then back to all-American splendor.  You get the picture.  Where are all the REAL blogs?  I have come across a few and I have subscribed to them in support of the guts to write about real life; not the fairytale that so many women get caught up in.  I may have to put an "adult content" warning on this blog, but at least I know I am keeping it real.  Don't get me wrong, the picture perfect blogs are beautiful.  But I believe true beauty comes from the nitty-gritty truth of real life.  After all. a flowering bush has to bloom and die a few times before it reaches its prime condition, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment