Tuesday, April 3, 2012

D is for Dogs

My favorite thing that starts with D is my DOGS!  They are sometimes funny, sometimes smart, sometimes not so smart...but always loving.  Dogs don't judge or love you with limits and conditions. 
Butter is my Chihuahua and he is anything but the typical Chihuahua.  He is sweet and quiet, and is so gentle, even when my 20 month-old daughter picks him up awkwardly.  This is him:
Then there is the old gal Carmel.  She is so well behaved, and never wants for anything.  She is just happy to have a family that loves her!  She loves belly rubs and the dog park.  Here she is with Butter:
Lastly there is the newest member of our family, Moose.  We adopted her from the Chicago Anti-Cruelty Society around Christmas time.  She has a long way to go before she's trained, but we love her and think she's the smartest of our clan.  She is a Dachshund-Beagle mix:

So there they are! Happy D Day of A to Z!

5 comments:

  1. I like dogs only when they aren't rambunctiously jumping up on me and not destroying my backyard. We've had the worst luck with dogs. Maybe I'm just not a dog person? :(


    Elizabeth

    A to Z co-host

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a dog-disliker - - that is, until we got a dog two years ago. Now I am a champion of dogs and all other animals. Weird how just one little sweet, perfect, loving, adoring dog can make you change everything you've felt about dogs your whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute dogs. My apartment isn't pet friendly so I have to get my puppy love from friends' pets. Though as soon as hubby and I can, we plan on getting a dog... or two... or three. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These dogs are almost cuter than the cupcakes.

    Nice to meet you, and I hope you are enjoying the Challenge!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  5. dogs are the best! giving their all, expecting nothing in return, except dog treats =)

    ReplyDelete