Sunday, April 22, 2012

S is for Sand

To go along with my "O" post, I am posting about the beautiful sands I have seen at beaches.  There have been the black and pink sands of Hawaii:


the golden yellow sands of the west coast, the tan sands of Mexico, but prettiest sand so far that I have seen is in the Bahamas.  It was a fine, near white, gorgeous sand. 

Sand feels good underneath your feet, kids (and adults)! can play in and with it, and it's the perfect color compliment to a deep blue or turquoise ocean.  Here are some photos from the Bahamas:



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I've never seen a black sand beach. I'm a bit overly imaginative, so I'm also picturing rainbow-colored sands, or neon sands...

    I'm a visiting A-Z blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful pictures. I live near Charleston, and unfortunately the sand on our beaches is kind of blah. But I do have some black sand from Hawaii in a tiny little bottle (we lived there for three years when I was a wee lass).

    Wishing you continued success with the A to Z challenge,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are beautiful! Oh how I wish I was on one of those beaches right now.

    Just a Nice Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Beaches :)
    #28 following
    Kate
    http://whenkateblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete